Nice is another city located on the Mediterranean. Like Marseille, Nice was originally inhabited by the Ancient Greeks. It is a colorful city that has attracted many famous artists including Henri Mattisse.
See also Nice: Matisse Museum
- Nice is another city where it can be difficult to drive. Streets are narrow and sometimes steep. Drivers can be a bit aggressive. There are trains that go to Nice from Marseille so this may be a better option for some folks.
- You can get a 24 hour museum pass for 10 euro that allows entry into a bunch of museums including the Matisse/Picasso museum, archeology museum, and natural history.
- There is a gorgeous park next to the Matisse museum and another just up the stairs through the first park. It would be a lovely place for a picnic!
- Spend some time walking around the old city.
- Visit the Renoir museum about 30 minutes from Nice.